Soldering & Wiring Specialist
Posted at June 21, 2022 in Careers 0 Comments
Electrolab, Inc. is a privately held company with over a 45-year history of providing comprehensive engineering, product design and manufacturing capabilities. Headquartered in Boerne, Texas (a NW suburb of San Antonio). Electrolab specializes in the design and manufacture of sensors, controllers, and industrial electronics for diverse industries.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM! Electrolab, Inc. is seeking a Soldering and Wiring Specialist. This self-motivated, detail-driven, quality-focused individual will be responsible for hand soldering electronic components onto printed circuit boards, assembling wiring harnesses, testing and QC of completed circuit board assemblies.
- Maintain knowledge of all gauge wires, including solid and stranded, with the ability to differentiate between wire colors
- Use manual, automatic and semi-automatic wire cutters, strippers, and crimpers to measure, strip and shrink various wire lengths accurately
- Solder wires and components for surface mount and through-hole printed circuit board assemblies
- Recognize and correct common errors, which may include insufficient solder, solder bridges or shorts, cold solder joints, and too much solder on through-hole and surface mount assemblies.
- Possess above average knowledge of electronic components and the proven ability to distinguish reference designation, detect leads bent under, leads shorted, pads damaged, track backwards parts, wrong parts, missing parts, parts lifted and/or parts damaged on SMT and through-hole assemblies
- Use a computer to review production schedules, standard operating procedures, perform data entry to track completed inventory of soldered boards, wire harnesses, and wire lengths
- Work with the team lead and production supervisor to ensure correct boards and harnesses are being built for future build schedules
- Read and comprehend drawings, bill of materials and other product documentation required to complete assembly of wiring harnesses and printed circuit boards for sensor electronics
- High school diploma/GED
- 3+ years electronics and wire soldering experience with high-level soldering expertise
- Expertise in ESD handling and component identification
- Excellent eyesight and hand/eye coordination
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to interpret and work from a production schedule
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for an 8-hour work shift
FULL-TIME or PART-TIME