Senior Sensor Design Engineer
Electrolab, Inc. is seeking a Senior Sensor Design Engineer. This position is responsible for researching, designing and developing new sensor technologies to meet the needs of our existing industrial sensor line as well as new product lines. This position requires the ability to apply broad engineering expertise in the development of the next generation of sensors to help solve challenging issues in the energy, oil and gas and rail industries. This requires the candidate to design, develop, and troubleshoot high accuracy, low power electronic circuits and PCB assemblies that will function as the basis for a new line of field deployable products.
- Work with customer representatives, suppliers, manufacturing and engineering teams to develop product specifications and optimize product designs.
- Concept development of electrical/electronic hardware, software, and related systems required for industrial process control. Design world class sensor hardware and software/firmware.
- Address all aspects of technology readiness, including manufacturability.
- Design component level circuits(SMT and through-hole) and multi-level printed circuit boards (PCB) associated with new product development and revision of current products in compliance with various industrial standards (IEC, UL, ATEX) for ordinary and hazardous locations.
- Coordinate product certification through different NRTL’s Integrate embedded control systems and devices with 3rd party systems (PLC, SCADA, RTU).
- Coordinate prototype builds and validate new designs.
- Assist technical writing staff with development of operating instructions, work instructions for manufacturing, procedures, BOMs, etc.
- MUST HAVE previous sensor instrumentation design (level, pressure, temperature, analyzers) experience preferably in the energy, oil & gas, rail or related industries.
- BSEE or equivalent from accredited university. Master’s degree preferred
- Physics and/or Broad Sensor knowledge
- 5+ years process sensor/electronic instrumentation manufacturing experience utilizing combination of SMT and through-hole technology in multi-layer PCB format. Experience with PCB layout
- 3+ years’ experience in Embedded Systems Design (Atmel, Microchip, ST,TI)
- Good embedded software/firmware development understanding
- Proficient in Modbus, HART, TCP/IP and MQTT serial communication protocols
- Proficient in of C/ C++ Programming (in addition, Visual Studio/Basic is a definite plus)
- Proficient in Electrical and Mechanical Schematic Analysis.
- Design for cost, test, and manufacturing experience
- Experience with physical characterization of sensors
- Experience with quantitative, statistical data analysis SW (MatLab or Python)
- Experience with Electronic Design Automation Software (OrCAD or Eagle CadSoft)
- Experience using Hardware lab equipment such as digital scope, logic analyzer, and soldering skills
- Effective communicator, oral and written. Ability to work with external clients & vendors required.
- Must be self-directed with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments under minimal supervision.
- Salary, Quarterly and Yearly Bonus Compensation
- Paid vacation and personal time
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- 401K with company matching
- Birthday and anniversary awards
NO RELOCATION ALLOWANCE> NO SPONSORSHIP PROVIDED – Must be eligible to work in the US.