Electrolab, Inc. is a privately held company with over a 45-year history of providing comprehensive engineering, product design and manufacturing capabilities. Currently headquartered in Boerne, Texas (a NW suburb of San Antonio). Electrolab specializes in the design and manufacture of sensors, controllers, and industrial electronics for diverse market sectors and industries.
Electrolab is currently seeking a Production Assembler to fulfill a variety of roles on our manufacturing floor. This self-motivated, quality-focused, organized individual must be able to perform duties in multiple areas, as needed:
- Basic knowledge of mechanical assembly and basic math skills are required with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle fiberglass, nitrophyl, a measuring tape, saws, testing meters and light indicators
- Experience with cutting fiberglass and PVC pipes, drilling electronic components for sensor production, measuring and gluing components together is a plus
- Assemble floats, enclosures, and additional Electrolab products, as needed
- Assist with loading and unloading inventory, loading dedicated shipments for deliveries
- Keep organized records of inventory and provide the purchasing manager with status reports
- Communicate with team members and management regarding product manufacturing status
- Assemble sensors (sensor wiring, sensor body, flange), floats, enclosures and additional products as needed
- Perform final production testing and configuration of assembled sensors.
- Troubleshoot, document and repair failed units.
- Use schedule to keep orders organized and working with supervisor to set accurate job priorities
- Keep inventory of parts to ensure flow of orders.
- Assist with preparing of sensors for shipping, including assisting with preparation of shipping tubes.
- Apply nanoscale surface treatment to sensor tubes and other metal assemblies
- Assist with fiberglass tube assembly/preparation, as needed
- Apply conformal coating to electronic boards (including taping/masking areas not to be coated) prior to and after assembly, using manual application processes, dip coating or other painting applications. QC check all boards, mark as coated and document quality issues
- Read & comprehend drawings, bill of materials and product documentation required to complete assembly
- Understand basics of soldering components for surface mount and through-hole printed circuit board assemblies with ability to recognize and correct common soldering errors
- Possess above average knowledge of electronic components parts lifted and/or parts damaged on SMT and through-hole assemblies
- HS Diploma or equivalent with basic math and mechanical assembly skills
- Basic knowledge of MS Office software for data entry (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Able to adapt quickly to learning new tasks and show a willingness to move between areas to meet changing customer demands
- Superb attention to detail and quality
- Experience with electronics manufacturing
- Able to work either inside or in our outside production area
- Good eyesight to be able to see a computer screen from long distances up to 25 feet
- Able to alternate or be able to sit, stand and walk for up to 8 hours per day and to lift, reach, push, pull up to 50 pounds as required
- Able and willing to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as required for assigned area
- Ability to work overtime, as required
- Minimum 1 year recent experience in both through hole and surface mount soldering
FULL-TIME or PART-TIME