Operations Planning and Support Coordinator
Electrolab, Inc. is a privately held company with over a 46-year history of providing comprehensive engineering, product design and manufacturing capabilities. Headquartered in Boerne, Texas (a NW suburb of San Antonio). Electrolab specializes in the design and manufacture of sensors, controllers, and industrial electronics for diverse industries.
Come join our team! Electrolab, Inc. is seeking an Operations Planning & Support Coordinator. The Operations Planning & Support Coordinator will collaborate with the Operations Management team and other Electrolab departments to define, document, implement and support strategic manufacturing and business initiatives. These initiatives include leading or assisting in production scheduling, data & procedure management, assisting in inventory planning and maintaining best operating practices.
- Drive manufacturing methodology for product lifecycles.
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to implement automation and process improvements in all operating areas.
- Lead or assist in the scheduling processes for all operating teams, including production, procurement and SMT teams.
- Provide data oversight of new and existing business technologies and processes, including MRP (MiSys) system.
- Collaborate with Purchasing, Accounting and other team members to ensure sound business practices and reliability of enterprise solutions.
- Collect and review business metrics, dashboards, and assist in establishing project priorities, documenting project timelines, budgets, and deliverables. Prepare and present project reports to management
- Own assigned projects from end to end and be responsible for architecting and documenting technical or operating solutions based on project requirements and industry best practices
- Document key system processes and procedures for future reference and general knowledge sharing
- Oversee internal Information Systems requirements and ensure adherence to backup and archiving requirements
- Listen effectively to assess business needs. Communicate and collaborate with management, production, contractors, and vendors to achieve project goals and business objectives
- Work with third party providers on projects as needed.
- Assist with the implementation and training of personnel on new processes, procedures, and software
- Provide backup operations knowledge of Electrolab’s Surface Mount Technology (SMT) technology and equipment.
- Assume oversight of Electrolab Safety and 5S programs.
- As needed, assist in the design and building of test equipment and procedures for quality assurance and control.
- Assist in troubleshooting new or existing manufacturing issues. Determine root causes of failure using statistical methods, test plans and procedures. Work with production and engineering to recommend changes in designs or methods to resolve issues.
- Minimum 2-5 years in operations, manufacturing, scheduling, engineering, inventory planning, business systems or other relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, manufacturing technology or related field preferred.
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Established team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Keen organizational skills to facilitate a productive working environment across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage and support the implementation of long-range plans, enterprise technologies and operational procedures
- Knowledge of industry standard best practices
- Certification in Project Management or 6-Sigma a plus
- Knowledge of MS Office products, QuickBooks, Salesforce.com, MRP systems, networking and Information Systems