Field Sales Engineer
The Field Sales Engineer for our level sensor and instrumentation products is responsible for increasing and managing sales of Electrolab products in a defined territory (Permian Basin / West Texas / New Mexico) through the management, promotion, training, and support of new and existing sales channel partners and end-users. Primary focus will be on the upstream and midstream Oil and Gas Market with other vertical market opportunities, which align with business objectives. In addition, this person will work with channel partners and end users to assist in the installation, startup and service of Electrolab equipment.
Specific tasks include sales, account administration, project planning, commissioning, service and support, and assisting channel sales managers as needed. This position demands excellent communication, a high level of independence and self-confidence, as well as confidence in Electrolab and our products. You will also help the Electrolab team introduce new technologies to the marketplace, lead field trials and manage customer and channel partner expectations.
- Achieve sales, profitability, and partner activity objectives.
- Meet assigned target sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Work closely with Electrolab Inside Sales and Sales Channel Partners/Service Partners to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Train assigned channel partners, their installation partners/contractors, and end-users with respect to existing products and new technologies. Training will include skills needed for product sales, troubleshooting, technical support, installation, etc.
- Provide installation and startup assistance to end users and sales channel partners.
- Perform field service commissioning and trouble-shooting of level sensor hardware and software products. Identify technical problems and resolve such problems to deliver “Best-in-Class” service, as well as viable product solutions to customers.
- Lead solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Manage potential channel conflict with other sales channel partners by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts
- Regularly interface with channel partners to identify emerging/new opportunities for incremental sales and enhanced service offerings.
- Work closely with Electrolab Engineering and Production to educate on field usage and challenges, as well as competitive pressures. Assist with selection and requirements of new additions to the Electrolab product portfolio.
- Execute new product roll out marketing, training, and sales efforts through assigned channel partners.
- Coordinate and attend trade shows. Promote Electrolab a trade shows, partner events, professional groups and through other appropriate venues.
- Drive adoption of company programs among assigned partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Engineering technology, Business, related technical field or relevant military experience.
- Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; able to work independently; prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to understand and work with our level sensor products, as well as other automation systems.
- 5+ years previous experience in the Oil & Gas industry selling and/or servicing sensors, wireless communications equipment and other industrial electronics.
- Proven track record of success.
- Proficiency with MS Office products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Salesforce.
- Travel required with occasional overtime and short notice of service visits.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds; sit, stand and walk for a minimum of 8 hours.