posted January 05, 2019
Due to significant growth, Electrolab, Inc. is seeking a Senior Sensor Design Engineer. This position is responsible for researching, designing and developing new sensor technologies to meet the needs of our existing industrial sensor line as well as new product lines. This position requires the ability to apply broad engineering expertise in the development of the next generation of sensors to help solve challenging issues in the oil and gas industry. This requires the candidate to design, develop, and troubleshoot high accuracy, low power electronic circuits and PCB assemblies that will function as the basis for a new line of field deployable products.
- Work with customer representatives, suppliers, manufacturing and engineering teams to develop product specifications and optimize product designs.
- Design world class hardware and software technology, and, if applicable, software/firmware. Own critical design decisions and issues.
- Design and develop analog and digital embedded electronic circuits to meet performance, cost, assembly, test, packaging, and project schedule objectives for assigned projects.
- Develop component level circuit design (SMT and through-hole) and multi-level printed circuit board (PCB) design associated with new product development and revision of current products.
- Specify and source prototype components, assist with prototype assembly, debug prototype assemblies. Validate new designs. Conduct laboratory experiments to test novel ideas.
- Integrate embedded systems control systems and devices with 3rd party systems (PLC, SCADA, RTU).
- Assist in identifying and initiating technical projects/programs that will lead to product innovation and/or improvements.
- Address all aspects of technology readiness, including manufacturability.
- Work with manufacturing, suppliers and customer representatives to develop product specifications and optimize product designs.
- Assist technical writing staff with development of operating instructions, work instructions for manufacturing, BOMs, etc.
- BSEE or equivalent from an accredited university. Master’s degree preferred
- Physics and/or broad sensor knowledge
- 5+ years process sensor/electronic instrumentation manufacturing experience utilizing a combination of SMT and through-hole technology in multi-layer PCB format. Experience with PCB layout.
- 3+ years’ experience in Embedded Systems Design (Atmel, Microchip, TI), embedded software development
- Proficient in Modbus, RS-485, HART and serial communication protocols
- Proficient in of C/ C++ Programming (in addition, Visual Basic is a definite plus)
- Proficient in Electrical and Mechanical Schematic Analysis.
- Design for cost, test, and manufacturing experience
- Experience with physical characterization of sensors
- Experience with quantitative, statistical data analysis SW (MatLab or Python)
- Experience with Electronic Design Automation Software (OrCAD or Eagle CadSoft)
- Experience using Hardware lab equipment such as digital scope, logic analyzer, and soldering skills
- MUST HAVE previous sensor instrumentation design (level, pressure, temperature, analyzers) experience preferably in the oil & gas or related industries.
- Effective communicator, oral and written. Ability to work with external clients & vendors required.
- Must be self-directed with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments under minimal supervision.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and examples of prior design work to firstname.lastname@example.org or Electrolab, Inc. 159 Enterprise Parkway, Boerne, TX 78217. Attn: HR. P: (210) 824-5364 TF: (888) 301-2400.