posted January 05, 2019
Due to significant growth, Electrolab, Incorporated is seeking an Electrical Engineer. This position is responsible for assisting with the design for manufacture of Digital/Analog circuits utilizing Embedded Systems including hardware, firmware, and software for industrial sensors, instrumentation and control systems equipment utilized in the multiple industries including, food service, oil & gas, and others. Job functions include.
- Specification Development and Writing, Design and Operational Documentation, Work Instructions for Manufacturing, Manuals, BOMs, etc.
- Concept development of electrical/electronic hardware, software, and related systems required for industrial process control systems.
- Component level circuit design (SMT and through-hole) and multi-level printed circuit board (PCB) design associated with new product development and revision of current products.
- Integration of embedded systems control systems and devices with 3rd party systems (PLC, SCADA, RTU).
- Liaison with manufacturing, suppliers and customer representatives to develop product specifications and optimize product designs.
- Project management of key projects, including projects with external customers and suppliers.
- Work with the test department to coordinate prototype builds and validate new designs.
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- BSEE or equivalent from an accredited university (Emphasis on Digital Electronics and Network Communication)
- 3-5 years process sensor/electronic instrumentation manufacturing experience utilizing a combination of SMT and through-hole technology in multi-layer PCB format.
- 3+ years of experience in Embedded Systems Design (Atmel, Microchip, TI)
- Proficient in use of Embedded Systems tools such as emulators, compilers, simulators, etc.
- Proficient in Modbus, RS-485, HART, Foundation Fieldbus and CAN serial communication protocols
- Proficient in of C/ C++ Programming (in addition, Visual Basic is a definite plus)
- Experience in Embedded Software Development
- Experience with Electronic Design Automation Software (OrCAD or Eagle CadSoft)
- Proficient in Electrical and Mechanical Schematic Analysis.
- Effective communicator, oral and written.
- Ability to manage agreements and projects with external clients & vendors required.
- Must be self-directed with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments under minimal supervision.
- Strong preference for candidates with previous controls/sensor/instrumentation design (level, pressure, temperature, analyzers) experience, as well as hands-on field experience in developing controls in the food service industry and/or oil & gas instrument systems and related industries.
- Local candidates preferred. No relocation package.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and examples of prior design work to firstname.lastname@example.org or Electrolab, Inc. 159 Enterprise Parkway, Boerne, TX 78217. Attn: HR. P: (210) 824-5364 TF: (888) 301-2400.